Starting a podcast can seem incredibly daunting. There are so many things to think about and how do you know where to start? Don’t let all those moving pieces overwhelm you, but take consider each item one at a time. Do this, and you will be ready in no time.
So what do you need to start a podcast?
- Intro, Outro: These are the bones of each podcast episode.
- RSS Feed Host: My favorite is Libsyn.
- Welcome Episode: Introduce your podcast and talk about who you are.
- Name, Description and Categories for your podcast: Look at other podcasts on Apple Podcasts to see where you think your podcast would fit best.
- Cheerleaders! Find some people to help cheer about your podcast when it launches.
But guess what, you can change these things later! They don’t have to be perfect. So get it together, put your podcast out there and go for it!
If you need more direction on where to start, you can download my podcast launch checklist below! Need even more direction? Check out my podcast launch services here.