Do you want more reviews for your podcast? Of course you do! We all do. Sometimes it can seem really hard to get reviews and to ask for them. I definitely felt weird asking people to leave reviews and for a long time, was not good at doing it. However, I learned that people do want to leave a review but often forget to, or don’t know how!
So how can you ask for reviews without feeling weird about it? Here are some tips:
- Get over it! I know easier said than done, but don’t be afraid to ask for those reviews! Get over the fear and do it anyway. Just don’t be obnoxious and the following tips will help with that.
- Have an outro. Don’t sign off from your podcast without giving people a call to action. Better yet? Record an outro to use for every episode. This will make things so much easier. Direct them to where you want them to leave a review and say thank you for their support.
- Email your list. If you don’t have an email list, start thinking about one. We sent an email to our list that said, “Can you do us a favor?” and gave directions for how to leave a review. I don’t recommend doing this all the time but a couple times a year certainly can’t hurt. Guess what? People actually clicked through and left us reviews!
- Ask for reviews on social media. We rock it on Instagram, so sometimes in our stories, we will ask for a review. Screenshot your podcast in the player app and post that with an arrow pointing to where to leave a review. Maybe even create a regular post with the same, “Do us a favor?” question. You’d be surprised how many people will answer the call.
- Lastly, I’ve seen some people run giveaways. To enter, you have to leave a review. This is a great way to collect reviews and get people excited about your podcast.
If you feel like your listeners need some more direction, I made this video on how to leave a review on the new IOS 11 Iphone app. Check it out and feel free to share!
I really hope this helps you get over the fear and ask for reviews! Once you have them, put some on your website, use them to improve your podcast and even say thank you and read them on your episodes.
Be sure to join my newsletter to get your free launch checklist and monthly podcast tips!